Am I making the biggest mistake of my life?

meganeloise

I'm Megan. I'm brunette, i'm add (medicated) and weird and ocd yum and I'm doing IB next year.

I spoke to some others on a different site and they said it was the biggest mistake of my life, well, is it?

I'm a huge procrastinator, I'm stubborn and I can't spell.

The subjects I have chosen are as follows

Japanese SL

English SL

Mathematics Studies SL (I'm not crap at math, I just want a good grade ;_ :blum:

Theatre whatsit HL

ITGS HL

Biology HL

Have I just ruined my life by turning my option form in? What if I fail IB and never ever live ever? What if I hate IB? I love stress though, ive heard it is stressfull but really, stress motivates me. And um, I'm good at Drama, I'm good at Bio- i'm good at english apparently and i'm mediocre at japanese. Only, sometimes I get really sad and there was a period of this year when I literally just lay down for a week not wanting to get up.. ever. Apparently it's a symptom of a tangent of a branch of OCD but what if it happens again and I miss an entire week of school? What if, in the middle of the school year I discover that the lump on my finger is cancerous and I have to amputate my hand and I can't type so I can't finish my extended essay?!

Please help as soon as you can, even if help is only typing one word or typing nonsense and hitting reply, even if the nonsense is jifdjgjkadgfdkla. I like to know that people can see me.

Hi Megan from NZ! I can seeeeeeeeeeeee you :blum:

If you had to amputate your finger, you'd still be able to type with the rest of your fingers. I'm typing this with one hand by the way.

You sound smart enough to coin up an amusing post which indicates your English is decent.

As regards to your OCD, someone I know with Asperger's passed the IB. I know another soul that passed IB whilst she had a month off of school.

So just go ahead and take the plunge, worst you can do is drop out. Better than saying 'I could've done IB but never tried'

A- I can't spell at all (I run spell check before every post so people don't know...), and I'm taking English HL, so that does not matter.

B- I know someone who has both add and ocd in IB, and he's doing fine so don't let that stop you.

C- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

D- Go for it, and there is no shame in dropping out if something happens.

I'm a huge procrastinator

Hey Megan. If you are a huge procastinator than I am a super mega procastinator. I mean my last draft for extended essay is due in two weeks but I am still editing my first 500 words. The school made us start in February. Lol. And I work by the famous motto of IB survivals competition(IB screwed). Unfortunately I have to use their quote which is "procastinate by day and work by night". Once, just to do a twenty minute h/w I stayed awake till 3 in the morning and instead of trying to get it over with I watched Lord of the rings 1 and 2 coz i cudnt be bothered to do this work. Its amazing that I have survived IB. I can never finish my h/w over the weekend unless you count 11:00 pm on Sunday as weekend.

So I think u have not made the biggest mistake of your life. By the way my predicted is not like 20 but I squeezed a 40/45 with all this procastination. Just dont forget differentiate your h/w from important and unimportant. For example if you get like 200 math questions as h/w and at the same time economics commentary. Do the commentary first since that will count for your final grade not the math h/w given by the retarded math teacher. Lol.

Best of luck with IB. jus TRY to enjoy it.

You guys are brilliant and have made me more positive about my decision.

Therefore you are better than this spiderman movie that i'm watching at the moment, which is ****, and it probably cost millions of dollars to make so therefore you are better than millions of dollars and millions of hours of peoples time. Well, maybe hundreds of hours. Awful movie though, seriously. You have brought me more joy than Peter Parker, who is a total ******.

lol at that spiderman comment. I agree though. It is pretty bad. You seem really clever and pretty dam fun from your post :D theres a girl at my school who had chronic fatigue and missed loads one year, and still passed the IB. Also, if my school think i can pass... im pretty sure you can :P

and i agree with whoever it was who said you'd be loads of fun at a party. Dam new zealand. So far away.

oaub faipouhnefvpoeinva you're seen.

don't let anyone stop you. I applied to IB just because, and even though there are times that I kind of regret taking it, i can still find good reasons to stick to it.

And it's not that hard to pass - your teachers will prepare you so you don't have to worry.

I love this post, it's witty :P . We need more like this.

fdsdfasklfjaslkdjfa

Consider yourself seen :P .

P.S.

You'll be fine, you have IBS.

P.P.S

I bet you're lots of fun at a party :) .

Mike stop flirting with the members =p that's my job :P

sorry for being pedantic but capitalize ADD! it makes a difference :P I keep reading it as add :P

OP: you know you have all these things? well you have an upper hand :D I have dyslexia and I found out around 3 months ago, and I gradauted May 07 with 36 points! you'll be fine :P

Mike stop flirting with the members =p that's my job :P

That gave me my first genuine :P of the day.

OP: go for it. I have friends who can't spell & who also can't put a coherent sentence together, yet they're in the IB. You sound awesome and all of these reasons you've given should spur you on more. Think of Michael Phelps--he has an underbite, an unfortunate face, ADD and yet he also has 14 gold medals!

I really think you should just give it your best shot. It's not going to be easy, but it doesn't have to be hard. Do your best--just go for it! I'd pump my fist in the air, but this is the Internet and you won't see it. *pumps* Don't worry about what-ifs...just do what you really, deep down think is best. And don't let anyone tell you what to do!

Edited by shotaway

You sound like you can completely handle IB. Most people cannot spell too well, hence the invention of the handy dandy spell check! But seriously, I'm pretty much OCD as well, I'm not ADD or ADHD or anything, but I am starting to think I might be somewhat manic depressive, and I have for the most part been able to handle IB so far. And if you show me an IB kid who doesn't procrastinate then I'll show you a million dollars. :o So don't worry too much about it, although IB is a challenge, anything else would be substandard if that. Oh, and my only advice is don't overload yourself with too many extra curricular activities (I'm learning this the hard way).

And on another note, I :) Peter Parker.