CAS hour ideas

Hey, I am having trouble coming up with some ideas for the creativity and action part of CAS. I was wondering if you guys would have any ideas of some things that I could do over the summer? Would for example, learning to draw different types of things by myself count as creativity? Or learning how to cook?

Edited by SailinWind
Please do not post in all caps. Your post will be seen by people without needing to do this. Thanks.

Hey, I am having trouble coming up with some ideas for the creativity and action part of CAS. I was wondering if you guys would have any ideas of some things that I could do over the summer? Would for example, learning to draw different types of things by myself count as creativity? Or learning how to cook?

I don't think drawing by yourself counts as creativity because you need to have an official supervisor for any CAS activity, and it cannot be a friend or family member. 

But if you learn drawing or cooking from a teacher or join drawing/cooking clubs, for which there are supervisors, then you can definitely take those. 

I personally did school choir for Creativity with some leadership involvement (which gives you creativity hours) and got over 80 hours per year.

For action, since I'm not really athletic, I went to a fitness centre, made up a schedule for me during holiday times (3 hours of fitess per day would give me 30 hours in spring break and then I would have to have to do 10 more days of fitness, 2 hours per day, during summer break) and fulfilled the requirement. 

• Like 1

Not very sure if its the same case everywhere but in my school self-taught activities do not contribute to CAS hours as there is no actual supervisor, as mentioned by Akmu above. The activities themselves should not be a problem though, you just need a supervisor for them. When it comes to action; if you are not much of an athletic person (like myself!) I would suggest diving as I found the sport to be very relaxing and it does not require much physical activity besides being able to swim. 

• 3 weeks later...

for creativity, if you are interested in art maybe you could try an art class? (outside of school) taking piano of guitar lessons would work as well. 

running is something not to hard you could do for action, maybe have a goal of running a race at the end of the summer?

You need a supervisor who is not your parents or friends but besides that, a lot of things can be considered CAS activity even cooking (join some club or course?). 

For creativity, I did a dance preparation then a performance, joined Robotics, and I write stories.

For action in the summer, it'd be best to join some sports club or gym.