Quick question on grades

BrookeK

Hello!

For my end of IB1 exam in math, I got a 7, making most of my faults in the short answer questions and recieving 93% in the long answer questions. I am very surprised by this, as I have never been the best math student. I have swapped between a 5 and a 6 in math all year, so this 7 is very sudden.

However, I would love it if I could keep this at a 7 as I am aiming for 40 points overall, and this puts me very near at 35 (+ 3, I predict in EE,TOK)=38. So, onwards to my question. How difficult is it to get a 7 in math studies? Is it just luck, or, with the same amount of preperation for the real exam as this one, can I achieve a 7 again?

If you prepare the same way as you have now, you should be fine for a 7. There aren't any trick questions or anything of the sort. 

If I can offer any more advice, I'd recommend predicting 2 for the bonus points because the grading does seem as flimsy as people claim. There are many instances of people thinking they'll get an A then walk out with a C. Just in case you're using that prediction as a basis for your university predictions.