Universities in Netherlands

Nabz

I am looking at a couple of unis in netherlands (utrecht, maastricht, leiden) but i don't see any specific ib requirement for admission. They all state a 7.5/10 in dutch diploma but i have no clue, how many points that would be in IB.

Anyone who has applied to netherlands might be able to help me?

I go to School in Germany and I just heard that the unis in netherlands are really fond of the IB and that it is recognised almost everywhere. I don't know about Special requirements, though...

I think you should look for a Translation from IB into the dutch diploma...

Look through their international qualifications area on admissions requirements for the course. If they don't have such an area, or the IB is not listed in the area, e-mail them about it. Do make sure to look through the website thoroughly before that though, unis aren't in general happy if you ask them questions that are answered on their website. Those unis should have IB requirements on their website.

• Like 1

It seems like 7.5 is somewhat equivalent to an A- in the UK system (taken from http://www.studyinholland.nl/documentation/grading-systems-in-the-netherlands-the-united-states-and-the-united-kingdom.pdf) or possibly a six in IB (http://www.nuffic.nl/bibliotheek/cijferconversie-examencijfers-voortgezet-onderwijs.pdf). Although, since I don't read Dutch, it may be way off. Check it for yourself!

I am a current student in the Netherlands, more specifically Universit College Maastricht. For that program I only needed to pass the IB Diploma to get accepted. However, they asked for predicted grades above 34 to make sure that the students they accept can handle the workload (which is, IMO, quite heavy).

I also agree with @XeoKnight: it always helps to contact them directly.

I am a current student in the Netherlands, more specifically Universit College Maastricht. For that program I only needed to pass the IB Diploma to get accepted. However, they asked for predicted grades above 34 to make sure that the students they accept can handle the workload (which is, IMO, quite heavy).

No way! I visited there last October... do you like it? It's a tad expensive for my family, but the city was pretty great.

• 2 weeks later...

So for that program the minimum was not to pass the diploma but to get 34 points? Did they state the 34 points on their website or did you find that out in the application process?

I'm thinking of applying to Erasmus Rotterdam to a program that requires a minimum of 27 points and HL Math. The minimum requirements are very unambiguously stated on their website, but I find it hard to believe that with 27 points one would be accepted automatically. Does anyone have experience on how many points are really needed to get in? Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

(I am expecting to receive ≈ 30 points with HL Math)

• 3 weeks later...