Sending SAT scores to universities

Sofia.

Hello!

Should I send SAT scores to universities I'm not sure I'm going to apply to, or do unis require you to apply as soon as you sent those scores? (I'd prefer to send them during the "free period", but then I won't know my score - and not whether there is any point in applying to some unis)

Thankful for answers before 16th of June ;)

You can send SATs to unis that you don't want to apply to. I forgot, but since you're getting 3/5 free score reports, i suggest you use them up anyway. Even if your score is low, most unis take top scoring attempts (or look at all attempts) so you don't really have to worry about low scores.

• Like 1

Most students take the SATs more than once, so if you scorer higher the second time, you will send those higher scores in anyways (also some universities require all scores to be sent) so there's not much point in sending scores to any university the first time you take them, even if it is free.

Most students take the SATs more than once, so if you scorer higher the second time, you will send those higher scores in anyways (also some universities require all scores to be sent) so there's not much point in sending scores to any university the first time you take them, even if it is free.

That sounds reasonable, but I'm only going to do the SAT once, so I decided to go ahead and send my scores. Thanks very much for the answer though!