HL Computer Science Paper 1

XeoKnight

I am doing OOP tomorrow,... but after Geo again -.-

I am literally eating all the algorithms of the past years for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

U know the IB fired the people who wrote the Spec-papers?? Crazy!

Wait seriously? Link please?

And good luck for Geo :( just memorize as many case studies for p2 i think, but I'm SL so what do I know lol.

David Kroell I think we were allowed the pseudocode booklet in the exam, but my IB coordinator didn't know :( so we didn't get it. I only found out later. I think most people didn't know about it either.

What are the penalties for writing the code NOT in pseudocode??

For example, for a 9pts question, your algorithm is correct but is written in a non-pseudocode format....?

Don't worry, there is no penalty for writing in java or anything. you need to write it in a higher level language, that's all. Syntax has no bearing on the marks you get. It's all Computational thinking and logic.

Great! Thanks! :D

I am literally eating all the algorithms of the past years for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

How do you know that they fired them? Are you sure it is not just a rumor?

And good luck for Geo :( just memorize as many case studies for p2 i think, but I'm SL so what do I know lol.

David Kroell I think we were allowed the pseudocode booklet in the exam, but my IB coordinator didn't know :( so we didn't get it. I only found out later. I think most people didn't know about it either.

We just happened to notice inside the pseudocode document we could have it in the exam a few hours before ours. It was very subtle and IB didn't really mention it elsewhere. I honestly feel like they have really dropped the ball on Computer Science this year :( ..

You were allowed the pseudocode booklet but not the JETS booklet on papers 1 & 2, I was given it but I didn't find it that useful. I don't actually think I even opened it during any of my exams. :P

After writing geo HL papers 2 & 3 as well as comp sci HL papers 2 & 3 today, I'm glad that I only have 2 short french papers left.

Edited by PhilB

The syllabus changed this year and i really didnt like it.

Paper one (i loved the last question) which you had to program the fares for routes in different zones etc. it was a nice question.

but im suprised that there wasnt any binayr calculations/truth tables etc.

theres ALWAYS at least 1 question on paper 1!!!

The 4 marker for autonomous agents was too weird, and i forgot what beta testing was :3

also the chicken farm and the question about advertising was weird.

Id didnt really like it :)

My 48 hours are up for p2+3 aswell

our OO option was pretty good and the case study questions were lame and short

(compared to so much interesting material that they could have asked!)