Should I write complete sentences on French B SL Paper 1?

I know that part of Paper 1 is multiple choice, but for the short responses, should I just write the answer, or should I write it as a complete sentence?

Thanks.

Most likely just the answer, e.g. for the justification questions, when you choose true or false and have to justify it with a statement, the examiners are looking for a specific answer, and if you write too much you'll lose the mark because they assume you've put a lot of text as a response in the hopes of the actual answer being in there somewhere, sort of like guessing :) just write what you need

• Like 2

Yes, definitely. According to my French teacher, the IB 'loves" it when you use sentences. If you have to prove something from the texts, I'd suggest to quote something from the text that proves a statement, like sameera95 said. But in all cases, I'd suggest using full sentences by either rewording the question so that it sounds like a sentence and include your answer in that sentence, quoting or rewording everything (which might be a bit more challenging).

No, you don't have to write full sentences (and to be honest, there's not enough room for it). Just remember to read the task instructions carefully and make sure you understand them so you don't start writing in your own words on for example the true/false part. In Paper 1 they don't look at your ability to structure your sentences and whatnot; they want clear, simple answers to evaluate your understanding of the texts. Most of the time they only require a couple of words, unless you're supposed to quote directly from the text to prove your answer. Don't let the short lines set for you to write on on the exam fool you though! If whatever you think justifies your claim seems to be too long for the set space to answer, you're probably right anyway and just have to go into full ant mode with your handwriting :)