Mathematics HL Paper 1 TZ2

Dotty

I got -1±root(2) which seemed to correspond with the graph as you said.

Ah damn... I may just not have realized that I read the equation wrong then. Do you remember if it was (x+1)/(x^2+1)?

Yeah it was (x+1)/(x^2+1) if I'm not mistaken. The graph that the GDC gives for this function looks pretty close to the one that was on the test. Also, if that was indeed the function, then then the max/min would really be -1±root(2).

• Like 1

I got -1±root(2) which seemed to correspond with the graph as you said.

Ah damn... I may just not have realized that I read the equation wrong then. Do you remember if it was (x+1)/(x^2+1)?

Yeah it was (x+1)/(x^2+1) if I'm not mistaken. The graph that the GDC gives for this function looks pretty close to the one that was on the test. Also, if that was indeed the function, then then the max/min would really be -1±root(2).

Then you're right, yeah. It seems like I interpreted it as (x-1) instead. The examiners will sure have a lot of fun with the follow-through marks, haha.

I totally didn't see the last two pages because I didn't turn the booklet. :S SO SCREWED.

But a lot of people told me that they couldn't even start on those questions. The paper was lengthy. It just pisses me off that I did get there but didn't end up looking at the questions. Feel like such an idiot for seeing it in the last five minutes.

I thought it was awful, considering that it was focused so heavily on functions! I needed at least half an hour more to finish the paper :/ During the reading time all I could think about was how there is no end to the paper and how the questions go on forever.

I am sure the grade boundaries will be very low though, especially considering it was the first year of the new syllabus.

Yea I thought it waa hard too and I am scared also now

Oh lord bless me!!

You are not the only one who struggled for this paper. So it went for my whole classe. According to me it was harder than the past papers which I have done.

In previous years, they usually had 12 or 13 questions on the paper, but this year there were 14 on both papers!! They made the questions in section A worth less marks (like 5 instead of 7) so that they could add another monster question in at the end. I'm just really disappointed because I thought that the questions themselves were doable, but I lost so many marks due to timing.