Error on exam?

ternopil2

I'm not discussing any material, nor am I saying which math exam I took (although it wouldn't be that hard to figure out i suppose). However, i've encountered a problem today: I found an error in the exam question. I'm not planning to disclose any information about the question, error, exam, etc., but I would like to know if anybody has ever been in my situation before and what was done. I'm 100% sure of it, I even laid out a proof for it (hopefully i managed to answer with the correct answer according to them). Has the IB ever contradicted themselves in a math question? e.g. Specified a condition which could not be brought about?
Just asking if something has happened before, google wasn't much help

If they find a question was in error or the examiners begin to dispute the answer, then it gets discounted from everybody's papers. So assuming you are right and there was an error on the paper, that question would be taken out of consideration.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure I know which question you're talking about but I'm scared to hint at which one since I don't want to be moderated. But if you were able to create a proof for it I think that in itself is rather impressive, though I don't believe it will necessarily give you points.

(Though it may not appear so I'm in the same TZ)

Edited by citizenoftheuniverse
  • Like 1

Yes all I can say is that is was the Math Studies exam. Im extremely unhappy that my school doesn't offer any other math's, as I pretty much learned calculus by myself and have become fluent in a couple programming languages. Math was always the easy thing for me, but unfortunately my school doesn't offer anything but Math Studies (which is why it was easy to construct a proof being that it is Math Studies, i've been getting 7's on all Mocks)