ESS Paper 1 & 2

J500

Hello fellow ESSists!

How was your paper 1 and 2?

I personally found paper 1 relatively easy although the nitrogen cycle question was a nightmare! Paper 2 was much more challenging, in my opinion, especially the essay questions. But I ended up doing Q2 and Q3 for the essay questions.

How about you guys?

EDIT: It seems that for Paper 1, most people struggled with the nitrogen cycle, so I hope the examiners loosen up the boundaries a little bit and for Paper 2, most people chose to do Q2 cause of its relative feasibility in comparison to the other questions.

Edited by J500

Heyyy,,, I think it was quite okay for me, but I'm not sure for the nitrogen cycle as well! >_<

Paper 1 was not too easy or too hard but some of the ques, I don't think i will get full marks haahhhahaha
for paper 2, I think it wasn't too bad, choose ques 2 and 3 too

Haha, I see everyone (me included) struggled with the nitrogen cycle question. Even though I know how the cycle works, I found the notation kind of confusing. Which I think was the purpose anyway. Well, the boundary might go down a bit due to this question. For my Paper 2, I chose 2 and 3 as well. And I think it could've been much worse. The only question I wasn't that sure about on P2 was the one abou the dynamic nature of resources...

Haha, I see everyone (me included) struggled with the nitrogen cycle question. Even though I know how the cycle works, I found the notation kind of confusing. Which I think was the purpose anyway. Well, the boundary might go down a bit due to this question. For my Paper 2, I chose 2 and 3 as well. And I think it could've been much worse. The only question I wasn't that sure about on P2 was the one abou the dynamic nature of resources...

oh yes i also wasn't sure what they were referring to by the ''dynamic nature of resources''. perhaps, they are referring to its various uses or to the different viewpoints on the management of resources?

oh yes i also wasn't sure what they were referring to by the ''dynamic nature of resources''. perhaps, they are referring to its various uses or to the different viewpoints on the management of resources?

I'm not quite sure on that too, but I think they means how the value of the resources change over time? hahaha

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure on that too, but I think they means how the value of the resources change over time? hahaha

I wrote about dynamic as in the literal sense, how demand and sustainability change how we manage the earth's resources.

(I think that was the HL Business and Management student coming out of me however).

• Like 1