Biology HL TZ1 Paper 1 & 2

America Singer

Overall, paper 1 and 2 weren't too bad. Was anyone else bothered by the fact that there were FOUR drawings in section B? A drawing in every question. I couldn't believe it because I did so many past exams and none of them ever had that many. I ended up doing the kidney question and nerve transmission question. I said the cells in the tissue micrograph were Leydig cells and produced testosterone. What was the right answer for that?

Paper 1, I was a bit upset because they turned the simplest outcomes to be confusing and strangely worded. Even the stem cells question - I said that "unlimited" amounts can be harvested from adult tissue, but I have no idea if that's right. And the precautionary principle question was the worst of all. I can't even remember what I put for that one - I just remember how strange it was and I hope they take it off or something.

I picked 1 and 2 for the Cnidaria question (the jellyfish and the other round stinging tentacle-y thing).

For the question about the development of males, I picked the one that had checked off X, Y, and testosterone.

I put those same answers to those questions too :) and yes, it was the interstitial cells (aka Leydvig cells) and yes they produce testosterone :P

Honestly, from paper 1 I don't remeber much but there was the 2 question with the digarams. In diagram of DNA in the nucleus - my answers was DNA replication and transcription. And the last quest with the kidney the Answer was loop of Henle?

Yep, loop of Henle.