HELP! Paper 2: How many questions do we get to pick from?

My class studied novels for our paper 2. I know that the layout of paper 2s has changed.... before you could pick from 2 questions under the "Novel and short story" category, OR you could also pick from 4 questions under the "General Questions on Literature" category, giving you a choice to answer 1 of 6 questions. Then, someone told me we still got to pick between 6 questions this year, except there are no longer any categories and everyone just chooses 1. NOW my friend is telling me that the teacher told her all the exams have changed, and this year you only get to pick between 3, per category, no more General Questions on Literature category.. so that means I only have 3 questions to pick from?

If that was confusing: my question is, I studied novels, I have to answer one question, but how many questions do I get to pick from, for the May 2014 Paper 2 exam?

I don't know how many you get from each category.

There's no categories. They're all general, like "Discuss how literature can be said to be timeless"

Oh, okay. For literature there are 4 categories for the genres and there are no general questions now.

Even for the HL? I'm in English HL

Yes. Check the syllabus link I posted.

Oh, Okay, you posted in the language & literature forum so I didn't realize... :P

For literature it's 3 per category, 4 categories and no general category, before may 2013 it was 2 per category and 4 in the general category.

Edited by ssy