University in Sweden or Norway?

Dominika Hacia

@Negotiation is correct. If you really want to study in Norway though, you could do a Norwegian course for a year (I know that they have this at NTNU since my Portuguese girlfriend considered applying to NTNU).

There is also a good webpage with lots of information and links about stuydying in Norway -> http://studyinnorway.no/

Good luck and please do contact any of the Norwegians on IBS if you want more information (I can answer questions, but do not expect me to reply within less than 48 hours)!

• Like 2

Hey there!

Most higher education institutes in Norway are free, as they are publicly funded, so tuition fees will not be an issue (unless you end up at one of the private institutions). There is no discrimination between Norwegians and non-Norwegians in this respect.

As far as I know, most undergraduate degrees in Norway are in Norwegian, whereas quite a few postgraduate degrees (Master's, PhD) are taught in English. This means that you'll have to do some research on whether or not any of the Norwegian institutions you would consider actually offer Economics in English at the undergraduate level. If there are no such courses in the institutions you'd prefer, then either the Norwegian language course dniviE mentioned or the English-language universities in Sweden Cryphisss mentioned would be your two options.

Good luck!

I too, really wanted (and want) to study in English and I didn't find much to my liking in Sweden or Norway. I would like to point out, although it is kind of off topic that Denmark has a LOT more English bachelor (and master) degrees to choose from and over 20 bachelor degrees concerning economics (at Copenhagen Business School). I've already applied to International Business and Politics there. You can see all the programmes available here if you are interested http://www.ug.dk/Programmes/universityprogrammes/bachelordegreeprogrammes/socialscienceandeconomicsprogrammes.aspx

Uni is free, and you even get money from the government each month for studying full time. You can also work up to 60 hours per month alongside school and your monthly income from the government, so it's very easy to be independent in Denmark during your studies. Yay for no student loans! Plus you get to go on a free exchange abroad for one semester, once during your bachelors and again during your masters. The universities have connections all over the world, it is quite impressive if you ask me.

I highly recommend checking it out. PM me if you have any questions.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...