CAS HELP!

You could start by browsing through the CAS guide. It'll tell you about the formal requirements. For possible CAS activities, I recommend you to look at [url="http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=523"]this [/url]topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yup, my school has the same policy as that of 'starry-night'.
its better to divide your 150 hours in 50 hours for each category,
25 hours from each category a year, and by the time you finish, you should be done.

at my school, action i very easy if you're on a team - because not only do you have either practice or games everyday, but you go to tournaments, which basically fills up your whole day.

as for creativity, unless you're an artist, i find it pretty hard to fill this up - music, art, anything of that sort should do.

and of course, service is the most straightforward and easy topic to finish, no?

well, i dont know if this applies to every IB school, but at least in our school, if we have excess amounts of hours from one activity, we can divide them. so for example, i think i gave about 5 hours? from my soccer action hours, to service - saying that it was for the school/other players - haha i know, corny, but its true isnt it?

make sure you log your hours and activities especially if you're going to work at an orphanage or something - it really helps you remember/keep track of every minute you put into CAS :read:

[quote name='MistyRose' post='20503' date='Jul 25 2008, 07:08 AM']I am new to IB and I really don't have a clue what this CAS thing is about!

Do I have to distribute my 150 hours evenly between Creativity, Action and Service?
Or can I just spend 150 hours on for example service alone?

Oh and any tips on the sort of thing I can do?[/quote]

hey!my school made it compulsory that we split up our 150 hours into C A and S : 50 hours each (which is not very hard to clock)
we are advised to do so because it will look better when you get your diploma.you show that you have been active in all 3 aspects
well,depends on which aspect your more active in.
For example,i have rugby training 2 times a week,start with the aspect that you think you will spend lesser time in,for me,its creativity.
i made it a point that i started participating in school activities like mural painting or helping backstage in school productions to help clock the hours first so that i do not neglect it
HOPE I HELPED! : )

i thought its a regulation by IBO that you have to split your 150hrs into 50hrs for each component? cos thats what we have to do at my school... i found action hours very hard to achieve, until my school made everyone go for a 4 day camping course in the jungle where we slept in flooded tents and kayaked for 7hrs and hiked for a few hours...

[quote name='imaginelifeless' post='22490' date='Aug 23 2008, 07:26 PM']i thought its a regulation by IBO that you have to split your 150hrs into 50hrs for each component? cos thats what we have to do at my school... i found action hours very hard to achieve, until my school made everyone go for a 4 day camping course in the jungle where we slept in flooded tents and kayaked for 7hrs and hiked for a few hours...[/quote]

I dont think there is a serious regulation of splitting 150 hours exactly to 50 hours. According to my school it should be reasonably balanced for example it is Ok to have 60 hours in service, 50hours in creativity and 40 hours in action. Although I think most of the people can easily exceed 150 hours and have a balanced distribution. But if you do have an excessive amount it is probably a good idea to bring all of the CAS to 50 hours. Therefore I dont think having like 200 hours in action and having 30 hours each in creativity and service is acceptable. Although having 50 hours each in creativity and service should definetly be acceptable even though action hours are 200.