Easiest Social Science subject

wasabi

HI I am grade 10, and I am taking IB soon. I wanna go to science course in University, so I am taking Math HL and Physics HL. So i wanna take easiest social science course.

Here is my question.

What is the easiest social science course in IB, And has least writing assignment?

I heard ITGS and Geography is one of the easiest, and has least work and writing. Is it true?

Thank you.

The easiest is really determined by you; it depends on your working style, your strengths and weaknesses and your likes/dislikes. I do history and I don't find it difficult per se, but there are aspects of the course I struggle with. Though developing a structured and coherent argument has always been a problem I've faced, even in English and that's really the only thing I can't quite ... grasp. You might not struggle with that though and history would make a good choice for you. Thinking along the same lines for geography and ITGS might help you reach a decision? Sit down, think about how you work best and what you're good and bad at.

HOWEVER

Geography is rumoured to be the easiest and one of the most interesting humanities subjects, so I think that'd be a wise choice if you're narrowing your options to ITGS and geography. I don't actually know a lot about ITGS however the minimal amounts of research I've done make geography seem like the easier subject :/. Of course, this is only my opinion and you should really talk to more experienced people like a teacher about this.

Geography might not be the easiest, but it definitely is very well-rounded + connects to many disciplines (as do many other subjects, but this one in particular) and personally I find it really interesting. It looks into both social and physical geography. So in that way, because I'm motivated as the subject content is pretty interesting, it's not that difficult. There's one IA you have to do and honestly just following the criteria, it shouldn't be too hard to get a good mark. Perhaps there is a memorising element you have to be aware of, where you should really look to know a bunch of case studies, or real life examples, of certain Geography concepts in order to get full marks on your papers. In terms of writing, you will have long-answer questions, but I wouldn't say it's really hard to prepare for. There is a little bank of definitions for each unit that usually ranges at around 5 words and so it's not too bad. I wouldn't say that there is an emphasis on essays and writing, like for example history. All in all, I'd say it's very-very doable :)

I don't know much about ITGS but that's just my two cents on Geography.