Math IA HELP!

Ryoika

What kind of IA gets the best mark?

This is a very subjective question. I did my Math IA on Newton's method applied in finance and its derivation from Taylor series - something not as complicated as IAs I have seen written by my friends from satellite GPS systems to military weapons and precision. I am predicted approximately the same result as them - with a 5-10% difference. What I am implying is that you should read the criteria of the Math IA and follow it.

You do not need to come up with "new" Math in order to achieve a high score. In fact, only a small part of the full criteria of the Math IA is based on the Maths in it itself (if I remember correctly). The other marks you receive for a good introduction and conclusion, precise language, understandable method, consistent and independent work, and etc.

As such, I really suggest you open the Math IA criteria, read and follow it since following it will guarantee you a high score no matter your IA topic.

Good luck!

• Like 1

What kind of IA gets the best mark?

This is a very subjective question. I did my Math IA on Newton's method applied in finance and its derivation from Taylor series - something not as complicated as IAs I have seen written by my friends from satellite GPS systems to military weapons and precision. I am predicted approximately the same result as them - with a 5-10% difference. What I am implying is that you should read the criteria of the Math IA and follow it.

You do not need to come up with "new" Math in order to achieve a high score. In fact, only a small part of the full criteria of the Math IA is based on the Maths in it itself (if I remember correctly). The other marks you receive for a good introduction and conclusion, precise language, understandable method, consistent and independent work, and etc.

As such, I really suggest you open the Math IA criteria, read and follow it since following it will guarantee you a high score no matter your IA topic.

Good luck!

Thank you for the help.

This is a question that's a little off topic, but how do you find the R2 value between an equation that "generally" represents the

data points (the birth rate of country per year) and the data points themselves?

Excel has been totally off in finding the accurate R2 value, as the trendline is a linear line (horizontal, for heaven's sake!) while my data

points actually form logarithmic/exponential graph, so I want to put in the line of the equation that I have made in the graph itself and compare/contrast

it with the data points that I have by using R2 value.. for the Reflection section of the Math IA criteria.

Do you know any other graphing system that calculates accurate R2 value other than Excel?