Exploration formatting!

Melissi

Hi everyone!

I've just (mostly) finished my IA but I'm having some issues with the formatting. Do I need a title page? If I do have one will that count towards the page limit (I know the bibliography doesn't)? Do I need to double space this? (Oh man, I hope not. If I do I'm going to have problems.)

If anyone has any general tips about the formatting and layout requirements, I would really appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks so much! :)

There's no strict page limit, the IA is expected to be 8~12 pages long but I think you will be alright if you exceed it (as long as it's not too long).

I don't think title page is required judging from the sample explorations (the Florence Nightingale one doesn't have a title page), but even if it's required I don't think it will count in page count, as in other IAs the title page isn't included in the word count.

Double space again doesn't seem to be required, but some examiners have expressed in the subject reports (not for math HL) that single spaced works are hard to read, I couldn't find the subject report for math HL so I don't know whether the examiners for math HL care about this or not.

• Like 1