Interview 8: What exactly is __inthemaking?

Ruan Chun Xian

Hien! That's not a question, that's a command.

Anyways, let's ask some questions

Do you use a mac or a pc?

What type of graphing calculator do you have?

Is global warming real?

Which of the following books have you read? "1984", "animal farm", "the giver", and "brave new world"

Do you watch Corner Gas?

Can you cook?

If you could only read one book over and over for the rest of your life, what book would it be?

What is your greatest accomplishment to date?

Did TOK open your mind?

When you think of the IBO, what comes to mind? (I see wrinkled old men in cloaks sitting around a table marking exams and laughing cruelly, while other write out the most difficult questions they possibly can on old yellow scrolls, in a dark and damp basement lit only by a couple candles flickering away... though I'm sure its nothing like that - they probably use computers now. :P )

Would you ever consider becoming an IB teacher? Why or why not?

PC! I grew up using Windows as an OS and just can't switch to any other now haha.

TI-84+

I believe so..although I think it would occur eventually even without humans contributing to it.

1984 and The Giver

Nope.

Um..I can, I guess. Nothing too fancy though haha. Enough to fend for myself :P . I'm a lot better at baking than cooking.

This is a hard question..probably HP5 since I've already read that 5 times and I'm still not sick of it.

Getting 100% in IB biology :P . Biology is my favourite subject, I was so pleased when I found out my mark.

It really did, actually...I had a fantastic TOK teacher. He made everything really interesting, encouraged debates and would debate with us. He was very passionate about his beliefs..he's one of those people that write letters to the editor in the newspaper to express their beliefs. But he was also the kindest man I've ever met..he doesn't swear, doesn't even watch tv (he listens to the radio instead). And he would always help students even when he had to go out of his way.

Haha I definitely see elderly people..the ones that believe teens these days are a plague and go around saying "kids these days..when I was their age..." and shaking their heads. They believe that we should all be punished for our behaviour and thus give out an enormous amount of assignments to keep us busy.

I don't want to be a teacher at all, actually. But if I was one, I would become an IB teacher. I guess because I feel like I could relate to what they're going through and help them and give advice :P haha.

Ooo, I know:

- Number of nights stayed up late studying (i.e. past 2AM)

- CAS hours collected

- Worst experience with a teacher (during IB)

- Number of times cursed IB for existing

- Annoyance on having to answer stupid questions (scale of 1-10)

- Number of hours you stared at a wall during a test/exam

I hope these wern't asked before this post...

Ooo, I know:

- Number of nights stayed up late studying (i.e. past 2AM)

- CAS hours collected

- Worst experience with a teacher (during IB)

- Number of times cursed IB for existing

- Annoyance on having to answer stupid questions (scale of 1-10)

- Number of hours you stared at a wall during a test/exam

I hope these wern't asked before this post...

Stayed up past 2am studying..hmm not a lot actually. Probably 3 or 4 times? Most of those were for chem too because there is a buttload of stuff to know in each topic for chem HL gahh. And silly me always left it to the night before to start studying. For the other subjects, I usually started studying around 3 or 4 pm the night before the test and I would pretty much be done by 11pm or 12am.

Officially..470 hours, I believe. Some of them I didn't bother to record because I didn't want to fill out so many reflections :P (I'm very lazy, I know lol) so probably ~600 hours in total.

My english teacher was really mean..she cared about students, but she's one of those teachers that will tell you that your work is crap and that it's unacceptable. Now you can imagine what happened when world lit time came around..she made many of my classmates break out into tears when she told them that "this piece of crap wouldn't even get you a 4". She made me a little teary once too but I never cried. It was very humiliating to be yelled at in front of the whole class, even though she did it to EVERY single person. But then on the day I finally handed in my world lits (after 3 drafts of EACH because I'm HL and need to do 2 world lits), she finally said "see, I knew you could do it..you just needed an extra push, great job". Needless to say, I was shocked speechless.

Too many to count. Usually occurred while doing an IA/writing my EE/studying madly for exams haha.

1..I don't mind "stupid" questions, I think they're interesting haha!

Not many actually. Mostly I stared at the clock :P . Which probably wasn't the best idea since it usually gave me a mini panic attack.

Nope, I haven't been asked these yet haha :P

Stalker's back. :]

What do you do when (you think) no one is looking?

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

How loud are you on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the loudest)?

If you were a geometric shape what would you like to be?

Find 10 words rhyming with "pencil."

Would you rather be on vacation in the mountains or on the beach?

Have you ever had an imaginary friend? If yes, describe him/her/it.

Is your grandmother sexually active?

On second thought, scratch that last question :|

Stalker's back. :]

What do you do when (you think) no one is looking?

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

How loud are you on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the loudest)?

If you were a geometric shape what would you like to be?

Find 10 words rhyming with "pencil."

Would you rather be on vacation in the mountains or on the beach?

Have you ever had an imaginary friend? If yes, describe him/her/it.

Is your grandmother sexually active?

On second thought, scratch that last question :|

I toss the spinach in the garbage. It makes my stomach feel funny, but my mom still makes me eat it anyway >.>..I eat most of it though.

Usually I don't, unless they are running shoes because running shoes are tied too tightly so that it's impossible to take them off without untying the laces.

I'm not very loud at all except when I get overexcited..then I don't seem to hear my own voice lol. Usually I would say I'm a 4, but when I'm excited: 8.

I would like to be a circle because there are no corners!

Bensel, gensel, hensel, stencel, tensile, vensel, wensel..that's all the rhyming dictionary gave me :blush:

Probably beach. Although I do love the mountains too..I love the beach and the ocean.

If I did, I don't remember him/her lol.

:0 No comment LOL.

Woo I'm on probation :blush:

1) Your name spelled backwards?

2) What's worth dying for?

3) Do bald men wash their head with soap or shampoo?

4) Bad habits?

5) What do you fear most?

6) Who/what had the greatest influence on your life?

7) Superman or Spiderman? Justify.

8) Do you smoke?

9) Do you collect anything?

10) How do you like your eggs?

11) Which is worse: Being alive and miserable, or dead and at peace?

12) If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

Woo I'm on probation ;)

1) Your name spelled backwards?

2) What's worth dying for?

3) Do bald men wash their head with soap or shampoo?

4) Bad habits?

5) What do you fear most?

6) Who/what had the greatest influence on your life?

7) Superman or Spiderman? Justify.

8) Do you smoke?

9) Do you collect anything?

10) How do you like your eggs?

11) Which is worse: Being alive and miserable, or dead and at peace?

12) If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

Prefer not to answer :P . I'm paranoid about giving my name out on the internet haha.

Loved ones.

I think shampoo..I supposed soap would work too, but washing it with soap would probably make them even more aware of their baldness and I think most bald men (that don't choose to be bald) would be ashamed of it. So they'll continue to use shampoo and live in denial lol.

I procrastinate..A LOT. And I'm lazy. Um..I don't eat when I'm studying/stressed.

My loved ones all dying, failure, lightning XD, being stalked.

Honestly, probably myself..I listen to my gut instincts most of the time. My mom also has a big influence in terms of academics. A butterfly had the greatest influence on my chosen career path (veterinarian) lol.

Can I choose Batman? He's always been my favourite because he doesn't have any superpowers per se, but he relies on his own intelligence and ingeniousness to fight crime :D . Plus he has a wicked arsenal of gadgets and weapons and a sexy fleet of cars.

Nope.

I collect seashells when I'm on vacation and bring them back home. It's kind of a hassle wrapping them up and making sure that they make the flight back home in the luggage safely.

Scrambled :)

Dead and at peace

Haha yes :P

>.< only what, 3 days left?!

How many keys are on your keychain?

Do you own an iPod?

Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?

What did you have for dinner?

Have you ever participated in a protest?

How many chairs are at your dining room table?

Do you do your own dishes?

What color is your bedroom?

What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender?

Are your days fast-paced?

Do you read nutrition facts on packages before you buy/eat them?

Are you picky about grammar and spelling?

Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?

Have you ever bid on anything from eBay?

Are you allergic to anything?

:o only what, 3 days left?!

How many keys are on your keychain?

Do you own an iPod?

Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?

What did you have for dinner?

Have you ever participated in a protest?

How many chairs are at your dining room table?

Do you do your own dishes?

What color is your bedroom?

What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender?

Are your days fast-paced?

Do you read nutrition facts on packages before you buy/eat them?

Are you picky about grammar and spelling?

Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?

Have you ever bid on anything from eBay?

Are you allergic to anything?

Um..*counts* 4 (2 keys for the house, 2 car keys).

Nope. I have a mp3 cellphone that has a 8GB memory card..that's enough for me haha.

Depends on how I look that day >.< .

Stir fried veggies, rice and chicken.

Nope.

I think 6?

Yes..and everyone else in my family's as well lol.

A pastel pink (it was from when I was 6!).

Sense of humour, compassion, ability to know when the appropriate time it is to be serious/immature, sweet and affectionate (without being overly mushy/lots of PDA). Is intelligence a personality trait? :P if so, that too haha.

Lately, no. It's actually been incredibly dull, seeing as all my friends have left me this summer to go on vacation >.< .

Only about cholesterol and trans fat..my dad and sister have high cholesterol and I used to have it (but then got rid of it by eating healthily) so I try to pick foods that aren't high in those.

Umm, not REALLY picky. But common things like distinguishing between your/you're and there/their really bug me. And also lack of punctuation and everything is a huge run-on sentence..I can't read things like that.

Not really.

No haha.

I'm allergic to extreme temperature changes. Which sounds really weird..but when I used to do competitive figure skating in the summer, as soon as I left the cold arena and walked outside, I would break out into hives. Same thing if I just did strenuous exercise and then walk into a cold room or something.