ToK IA thesis statement

don't you wish

Aright, people, I'm on the final revision of my ToK IA (topic 1, in case you're curious). My question is: in TOK, is it best to explicitly state your thesis as in history or english, or not? ie. would i say, "making ethical judgements that block the creation of knowledge is never justified" - or would I present my arguments and assume that the marker will figure it out? It makes for a less dumbed-down read the second way, but with the IB you never know...

Im at the same stage you are at with your TOK Essay. Nearly done, just need to go over it one last time. I don't have a thesis statement in mine because the title itself is the thesis statement. I just mention the title in my intro and refer back to it constantly in my main body.

Oh Im doing title 1 too so I just say that ethical judgements do limit the methods available in the production of knowledge in the natural sciences and the arts. That is basically my thesis statement. Then I do Claims that they do limit production of knowledge and then I argue against them with counter claims

Edited by eros

Aright, people, I'm on the final revision of my ToK IA (topic 1, in case you're curious). My question is: in TOK, is it best to explicitly state your thesis as in history or english, or not? ie. would i say, "making ethical judgements that block the creation of knowledge is never justified" - or would I present my arguments and assume that the marker will figure it out? It makes for a less dumbed-down read the second way, but with the IB you never know...

well, it's an essay so you do have to have a thesis statement in your introductory paragraph and you'll have to get back and elaborate on this at the end. So yeah, you state your thesis and justify