Online courses?

emshgr

Hello all ! So course selection is in the next few weeks and I had decided a while ago I wanted to take HL physics, chem and economics SL French, Math and English Lit. However, at an information session I went to tonight I found out Economics HL was no longer being offered. The only other option in offered at my school is History SL/HL but honestly it's out of the question. I really had an interest in Econ and I don't want to bump any of my other SL courses to HL.

So, I was wondering if any of you all have taken/currently take an online IB course? Did you find a big difference between online and in the classroom? Oh and also if anyone can offer any insight when it comes to the difficulty of Econ HL that would also be helpful! But really, I need to know your opinions on online courses vs traditionally taught courses.

Also, I'm not 100% sure if this should be in Pre-IB/MYP or Economics and Business & Management but an answer would be amazing where ever you found this.

Thank-you ! :blowkiss:

Personally, I don't take online courses but I know many who do. It really depends on you. Do you work well in front of a screen? Online teaching can be great. Eco HL isn't hard and it's not much of a difference with SL eco. There are only two significant chapters and some maths but nothing to worry about. I think online courses can be very helpful and in any case you can always ask your teacher if you have some real difficulties (which rarely happen in eco HL). If you decide to go for it make sure you choose the best online course. This is by far the site, it is also recommended by the IB.

http://www.pamojaeducation.com/IB-online-courses/economics-hl.asp