Economic commentary in development economics

To students studying economics.

Could you please help and explain to me the exact format of the commentaries. It says I have to cite 4 sources? Should it be articles (because before I've read sample works without any citations of other articles)

Also, I would be very grateful to you if you could tell me for sure, do I have to add a diagram (even if I am writing on development economics)?

THANK YOU!

Could you please help and explain to me the exact format of the commentaries. It says I have to cite 4 sources? Should it be articles (because before I've read sample works without any citations of other articles)

Also, I would be very grateful to you if you could tell me for sure, do I have to add a diagram (even if I am writing on development economics)?

THANK YOU!

hey, check out these links:

http://www.timwoods.org/2013/02/03/how-to-structure-an-economics-ia/

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/11573-tips-for-economics-portfolio-commentary/

is this what you're looking for?

well, yeah. from what i know, diagrams are very important.

why are you doing it in the development econ. section though?

• Like 3

THANK YOU!

hey, check out these links:

http://www.timwoods.org/2013/02/03/how-to-structure-an-economics-ia/

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/11573-tips-for-economics-portfolio-commentary/

is this what you're looking for?

well, yeah. from what i know, diagrams are very important.

why are you doing it in the development econ. section though?

we're actually supposed to do four IAs in econ and we can choose the best three for the portfolio. so they are probably working on the last one at the moment! :P

• Like 2

THANK YOU!

there aren't a fixed number of sources that you have to cite, however it is best to put in a few references from other websites/articles (apart from the actual article on which your commentary is based), in order to strengthen your argument.

and diagrams are necessary, even though there isn't a fixed number.

hope that helped :)

• Like 2

THANK YOU!

there aren't a fixed number of sources that you have to cite, however it is best to put in a few references from other websites/articles (apart from the actual article on which your commentary is based), in order to strengthen your argument.

are sources really necessary? i didn't use any references though :/

THANK YOU!

are sources really necessary? i didn't use any references though :/

Yes, in order to achieve the highest marks, referencing to other material (like an example of how the policy you are recommending was effective elsewhere) is essential.