IB Final Film 2014

Nabilya Dhela

So.. I'm basically done with my final film but I'm having trouble with music. I thought about not including music in the film but it will definitely be a bore. I tried making a couple of songs through garageband, but I was wondering if it was allowed to include the song loops that are already made from garage band itself. Like I combined a couple of loops together. Would it still be considered plagiarism?

Nabilya,

https://www.google.ca/search?q=define+plagiarism&oq=define+plagu&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.5594j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

If you look up the definition of plagiarism it is something along the lines of passing off another person's work as your own and I think that using garage band loops without crediting them would definitely be plagiarism. If you give credit to the program and its' creator it may no longer be seen as plagiarism to some people. First, check your rubric for any sort of clarification about the nature of the film, in other words does it expressly state whether or not you may use other people's work in your own production. If it doesn't I would play it safe and ask your teacher what she thinks is appropriate. Good luck with your project.

Hussain

• Like 1

Nabilya,

I apologize for the second post but to answer your question more directly, it's not really plagiarism if you give credit to the program and its' creators but I personally would feel more comfortable handing in something I could truly call my own work. It is up to you to make a decision now.

Hussain

Nabilya,

https://www.google.ca/search?q=define+plagiarism&oq=define+plagu&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.5594j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

If you look up the definition of plagiarism it is something along the lines of passing off another person's work as your own and I think that using garage band loops without crediting them would definitely be plagiarism. If you give credit to the program and its' creator it may no longer be seen as plagiarism to some people. First, check your rubric for any sort of clarification about the nature of the film, in other words does it expressly state whether or not you may use other people's work in your own production. If it doesn't I would play it safe and ask your teacher what she thinks is appropriate. Good luck with your project.

Hussain

So as long as I credit the person who made it..

Alright, thank you so much for your help Hussain :'D

I'll make sure to ask my teacher about it as well.

Hey,

I'm taking film too and I'm currently working on it (funny that I'm in the UAE too...) and my teacher insisted quite a few times on the fact that we have to do everything ourselves. Every little sound effect should apparently be our own work, and we shouldn't take anything from anywhere else (even if we give credit to the person who made it).

It does seem a bit extreme but... yeah. :)

• Like 1

Im taking film too and Im screenwriter but my teacher told us we have to make all the music and sound effects from scratch. My group decided to ask one of the music students to give us his music piece to use. We're going to credit him and everything but it saves us the time from making our own sound

• 3 weeks later...

first of all congrats to you if you have final your film . then other is you say that about couple music , its depend on your story and this all you know about that if you think that there need a couple songs then i think you need to put the music with couple if not then also you know thta . always listen yourself because if you feel that you need to that then you will finish it not listen and keep it up . donot worry your every try is good for you . keep it . i will appreciate you .

Math Practice Games

• 10 months later...

I am currently done with my film for my IB production portfolio. I am worried about the blood levels in my film. The guide says that blood cannot dwell, but depends on  what extent they mean by 'dwell'. Will they actually disqualify my IB diploma if there were scenes with a lot of blood? Please help ASAP so I could at least re-shoot.