faculty of arts- mcgill

sprout_1147

Hello, I recently got an offer of admission from McGill to the faculty of arts.

I wanted to apply to Faculty of Arts and Science, but since they required two from science subjects as a requirement, I could not apply there. (I take art as my 6th subject)

I was wondering if it is still possible to take some science programs (for example biology) as a minor even if I attend faculty of arts?

Also I read that it is possible to earn a Bachelor of arts and science still belonging to the faculty of arts, but is this true?

Thank you for your help in advance:)

Edited by sprout_1147

Hey there!

Congratulations on your offer!

These questions are better directed to McGill University directly. Send the admissions office an e-mail with your query, and they should be able to reply with the answer. That's much better than believing in what's being said on a forum for IB, which might contain outdated or false information. You can find their contact details here: https://www.mcgill.ca/applying/contact

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

You've probably had your questioned answered by now, but I recently went to an admitted students sessions and spoke the the admissions officer there. According to her, you can minor in a different faculty than your major. So, with an arts major, you could still minor in biology.

I don't think you can get a BS arts and science from the faculty of arts. To get the combined degree, you would need to switch into the faculty of arts and science, which is possible. However, she said the science faculties are the hardest to transfer into.

Good luck!