Math IA- Sudoku Help

echan527

So i chose to base my exploration around the number of possible grids of a sudoku puzzle, but i can't seem to find much use of advanced mathematics. It seems most of the mathematics in sudoku is based around permutations and summations, which im afraid might not be advanced enough...also i feel as if im just copying down what other people have already published and explaining the process behind it...i guess what im trying to say is what is an exploration?

Guest Marioti

Ok so my Math IA wasn't great but I'll try to help you out with what my teacher told us.

You really aren't supposed to copy what other people are doing (getting other papers and pulling out their numbers and explanations and just mixing it all up in order to make it your own) HOWEVER, if you do pick a topic that is really really advanced that maybe you would need to check out other papers you can totally do so, and I mean you can grab their calculations and all that and put it in your paper. The only thing you have to really remember is that you also need to have your own personal input in order to achieve full marks. So maybe create your own numbers but keep that person's equation you know?

Also I don't know when your exams are... you said May 2013 but if you're doing your math IA now I assume that isn't correct.

If it is next year (2015) you still have plenty of time to find a new topic in which you feel more into and therefore won't just be copying what other people do