One or two Group 4 Projects?

btsvchris

Hey everyone,
my school is new to the IB diploma and very unorganized! My coordinator apparently does not answer the questions we ask him, he just tells us that he will take care of everything, but nothing is happening.
I am doing my IB this May. Now we have done the Biology Group 4 Project. Now our Computer Science teacher told us that we have to do a Group 4 Project in Computer Science as well.
Some people tell us now that we have to do only one Group 4 Project, some say that we have to do one in both subjects.
Apparently I did not find anything about this in the guides or anywhere on the internet.
Thanks for any help,
Chris

• Like 1

So now the people that do Physics do an Internal Assessment within their class, not combined with any other subject.

I have done my one in Biology without any link to other subjects. In the computer science curriculum it says 6 marks are for the group 4 project, but will these 6 points then be taken from the Biology group 4 project?

I have my exams in may and I am a bit frustrated about this now. Nobody can answer if I need to do one in biology :dontgetit:

So now the people that do Physics do an Internal Assessment within their class, not combined with any other subject.

I have done my one in Biology without any link to other subjects. In the computer science curriculum it says 6 marks are for the group 4 project, but will these 6 points then be taken from the Biology group 4 project?

I have my exams in may and I am a bit frustrated about this now. Nobody can answer if I need to do one in biology :dontgetit:

An internal assessment is not the same as a Group 4 project. An IA in Physics would be a lab raport, something you will have to do in each science subject (sigh) although I still don't know about computer science.

That's what happened at our school - our scores (6! :D) was used for all our science subjects :) Have you talked to your IB coordinator or your biology teacher? They should know, hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...

An Internal Assessment is different with Group 4 projects. You'd do IA for every subjects you've chosen to learn. You don't have to link your IA to another subjects. Good luck for your group 4 projects and Internal Assessments. I haven't made it at all (sigh), wish me luck, maybe? (haha)

My school offers all sciences and everyone only does one group 4 project. Not sure if yours is different but regardless of how many sciences you're taking, (I take chem and bio) you only need to do one group 4 project, and it'll be applied to all group 4s. Cheers :-)