Don't finish CAS

Guest Marioti

Guest Marioti

I was wondering what happens if you don't have enough CAS hours

Like I think I might not have enough creativity hours...

What happens then ?

:/

Do I fail IB because of my CAS hours ?

Guest Marioti

I think you have like 4 months or something after the exams to finish everything (not 100% sure). But there's so much to do for Creativity...

I know there's a lot but in my school not much was offered >.< and I was so worried about finishing service hours that I kind of left creativity to the last minute

My supervisor claims that if CAS isn't finished by about the time you write your final exams then you don't get a diploma. I'm not sure if this is correct (and judging by what some people have said, it doesn't seem correct but I'm going to aim to get the 13 Action hours I need to complete CAS in the next few months ... ) however, how many creativity hours do you need? I mean, it's not too late to get them done, if you don't need a lot. But yes, as Sameera suggested, try to negotiate something with your supervisor.

• Like 1

Your completed portfolio should definitely be handed in before the exam session, my school just likes to get things out of the way as early as possible so as to leave us enough time revision. You need approximately 150 hours in total, with a somewhat equal balance between the 3 aspects of CAS (eg 50 Service, 60 Creativity and 40 Action), this is from we've been told at school :)

Guest Marioti

Well my school wants CAS portfolios completed and signed by next Friday and I have literally no Action hours. I asked if I could get them signed and do them after handing my portfolio in because I don't have time and the basic answer was yes :)

Hmmm sounds like a good idea :) I might try that cause I think I might only have 5 hours of creativity

I thought IB changed the CAS system? At our school, you just have to complete 3~5 activities for each section (CAS) regardless of the hours you put in and complete the CAS project, of course.

Yea that doesn't sound really how it is. My school suggested about 3 activities for each but you still had to count the hours

My school said that they don't count hours anymore but you have to do an activity for each aspect regularly throughout 2 years?

Edited by ryuk1
  • Like 1

According to my school, we have a few months after we take our exams to finish CAS, but this may differ from school to school. For a sure answer, I would go to the IBO website and read up on their guidelines in CAS. As far as getting the diploma, if you don't have enough CAS, then you can't get the diploma...