What does the World think about Australia?

Australia is beautiful! I went there last summer and loved it. I think its a lovely place and want to visit there again.

It is indeed. I came to Australia to live about a few years ago and I'm loving it. Well everything is good except the hot weather, but that's what you get for living in a desert country.

BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

i should know cause i live there!

and just to clarify a few things:

WE DO NOT RIDE KANGAROOS, heck, if you can spot a REAL kangaroo that isn't in some enclosure in the city or in it's surrounding suburbs, i'll give you a hundred bucks.

secondly we don't walk around going g'day mate, thats tourism folks, we speak normal english 'kay? so don't expect us to go off doing some "aussie" thing since we wouldn't be walking in your country demanding that you do some kind of jig that we saw on tv either.

lastly, the only bad thing about australia would probably be the sunburn, its the sun people, you get BURNT. and take note that the ozone layer is thinner where australia is meaning not only do you get burnt, you get burnt faster.

so basically if you love a laidback country with awesome weather (at least in QLD) and you don't mind the fact that you're pretty much separated from the rest of the world except NZ and papua new guinea your pretty much set.

EDIT: p.s- if you plan to visit australia (which i would highly recommend), please note that when we say "thongs" we mean flip-flops? we've had some raised eyebrows when we walk around the beach going "DAMNIT I LOST MY THONGS"

yer, you can see why :hmmph:

Edited by Chelleee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being a citizen and a patriot this will sound a little biased, but Australia is pretty awesome.

For anyone planning a trip down to Melbourne, pack clothes for 45 Degrees and 5 degrees (Celcius), and plan for both temperatures to be experienced on the same day :D

• 4 weeks later...

After some discussion we've decided to lock both of the What does the world think about the USA and Australia threads as these threads are just too general for good discussion. We can't have a thread about what the world thinks about every country there is. Leaving threads about the USA and Australia open wouldn't be fair to other threads that will be closed. If you have any particular issues about either Australia or the US that you really want to discuss you are welcome to start new threads for them, but a thread just for "opinions" on a country is too broad.