How useful is the textbook

Hi,

I have a term paper coming up in 2 days and I haven't picked up the textbook yet. Is the textbook terribly important to study from, or is this like IGCSE where it's all common sense?

I don't really feel like going through 118 pages in two days for business and management, any help would be appreciated :)

P.S. anyone got any good notes?

Hi,

I have a term paper coming up in 2 days and I haven't picked up the textbook yet. Is the textbook terribly important to study from, or is this like IGCSE where it's all common sense?

I don't really feel like going through 118 pages in two days for business and management, any help would be appreciated :)

P.S. anyone got any good notes?

This should help: http://www.ibbusinessandmanagement.com

• Like 1

In my opinion, it wouldn't make sense to open your textbook for the first time two days before your term paper. just do what you have been using all year long (I am assuming it's your notes or some website). Get enough rest and become aware of your weaknesses and strengths. Good Luck!

Please note this is my opinion an do do not take B&M. But common sense says that you can't expect to learn everything from 118 pages in two days. However, feel free to do what you think is best.

Edited by r1111

I can tell you, even though I've just started the IB in September, that when it comes to subjects like Business and Management the textbook is essential to me.
I use the Cambridge B&M book, and so far it seems to be very well-structured, with clear explanations and relevant examples that really help you understand concepts.
Now, getting back to your case, I think it wouldn't make much sense for you to buckle down on a book which - if I understood correctly - you've never opened before.
If I were you, I'd rather print the syllabus out, analyse the inquiries, look for the CORRECT answers in the book and be sure to MEMORIZE these!
In my opinion, going through a subject like business without making use of the textbook is bound to lead to a failure, unless you have a really good memory and you're able to use business-specific terminology effortlessly... Some people find it hard to use the right word in the right context! Especially because for most people business is a new subject, reading the textbook's descriptions is a good way of testing the waters, because you get to see how words are employed.
Making little diagrams also seems to work in my case. And if you're HL, practice your analytical skills by working on case studies and using business tools as much as possible... I hope this helps :)

Edited by vals

• 1 month later...