Would learning to play songs count for CAS hours?

Schuerta

So...I dont know how to read music, but I do enjoy learning how to play music on the piano by memorizing what keys to press.

For example, i use the program Synthesia all the time. It makes it very easy to learn to play entire songs.

Is there anyway this could be counted as creative hours? If there is a chance, how would i present this to my coordinator? Who would sign for this? maybe i could show proof of my hours buy recording me actually playing songs?

If this could work, this would be so magnificent! as i already do it in my free time!

Yea. you can count it as learning to play an instrument. Ask your coordinator about what proof he'd accept for it though.

Are you sure though? Because im not really learning to play piano. I dont see notes or anything, just learning what keys to press to do songs.

You would have to count it as a one time experience over a period of time (e.g. 1 or 2 semesters...) Since it falls under ONLY the creativity portion of CAS your coordinator might have a problem with it. For instance, you could say that you are learning to play the piano since memorizing and then pressing the keys does not really count as understanding it ya know :P Just ask and the CAS coordinator at your school should be able to help. Good luck (: