what chapter are most people currently on in Economics HL ?

Im on the second year of the IB, exam in may, and we're still doing macroeconomics.. so far we've only done microeconomics. It's a HL only class btw :)

aren't you guys moving quite slowly?

Yeah we are, but my teacher says that once we get the concepts of micro and macro it's quite easy to do international and developmental economics.. so i guess we're okay. All the other classes before us have finished in time and had time to review everything before the exam so we're not really worried

I remember we had just about finished government intervention at this point last year, so you're probably fine.You'll probably find the pace increases as you progress throughout the course, because a lot of topics in the later chapter are applications of previously-covered concepts.

Im on the second year of the IB, exam in may, and we're still doing macroeconomics.. so far we've only done microeconomics. It's a HL only class btw :)

aren't you guys moving quite slowly?

Yeah we are, but my teacher says that once we get the concepts of micro and macro it's quite easy to do international and developmental economics.. so i guess we're okay. All the other classes before us have finished in time and had time to review everything before the exam so we're not really worried

oh,, yeah that does make sense.. though you must make sure your IAs are done on time yeah

• 1 month later...

I don't believe you are progressing that slowly. This time last year, we had just finished Government Intervention and small section of Market Failure, so I think you are doing fine. It's better to go slowly now and understand the initial parts of it then to rush through and get confused later on.

Remember, you can always go through the syllabus and text book yourself, we would do that whenever we felt we were behind other classes.