English Lang & Lit Written Task 1 HELP

I have to turn in my WT1 first draft in two weeks and I want to write about language and power, and perhaps write a blog / editorial. The problem is, I'm not very sure whether the topic I've chosen corresponds to the marking criterias.

I want to write about the influence and status of English in China, but as English is not one of China's official languages, there isn't a very big conflict around this particular topic. Most of my classmates seem to be writing about different variants of English and their status in the world. So I'm wondering if any of you guys know whether my topic is okay for WT1?  :love:

Edited by ahahahaah

Unless you can identify an issue dealing with this subject ( English-Chinese) then you better search for something that lends itself more obviously to this aspect of language and culture. We can't do that for you here, but we can tell you whether you are on the right track, once you come up with something more specific.

Are you writing it on Part 1/Part 2? Because then you can also write about the way language is used, for example in a speech or in an advertisement. You don't have to write about a variety of English, but of course you can do that if you want to!

I wrote my first WT1 on propaganda used in the "Kony 2012"-video, if that is of any help!