Loving Your Life?

[m a a r i.]

I myself am unhappy. I am going through self-image and self-esteem issues. I have been suffering from depression for a while, although it is under control right now. I won't say I blame IB because it's something I've been dealing with for a long time. I do my best to deal and try to savor the "little moments." But I am always striving to overcome myself. From others' eyes, I would be considered an academically successful person....but I feel nothing is ever good enough.

May I turn the question around? Are you loving your life? It's an interesting question to ask; I don't think many would ask it unless they too had been musing over it.

well,

my life is sometimes good, sometimes bad.

what makes my life bad is.

my parents. argh. well i just just hope, that. they would understand my feelings about some issues

i cant make my own decisions on things they want me to do - like having the right to say i want to do it or not.

my parents, they dont really understand my strengths..what they always say is "you just know how to eat and play", they always rather scold me on my weaknesses.

the only thing that makes my life good is being with my friends.

i love my friends.

full of support.

yeahh.

well i also have some self-image issues too, but i know everyone is unique.

so why bother to change your self-image?

i know during everyones life.

there are always UPS and DOWNS.

well,

my life is sometimes good, sometimes bad.

what makes my life bad is.

my parents. argh. well i just just hope, that. they would understand my feelings about some issues

i cant make my own decisions on things they want me to do - like having the right to say i want to do it or not.

my parents, they dont really understand my strengths..what they always say is "you just know how to eat and play", they always rather scold me on my weaknesses.

the only thing that makes my life good is being with my friends.

i love my friends.

full of support.

yeahh.

well i also have some self-image issues too, but i know everyone is unique.

so why bother to change your self-image?

i know during everyones life.

there are always UPS and DOWNS.

Well, the best thing to do about your parents is just continue to prove them wrong. If you're strong and if you're and individual, then by just doing what you do, you'll be fine.

You have an optimistic view of life. =)

Well, the best thing to do about your parents is just continue to prove them wrong. If you're strong and if you're and individual, then by just doing what you do, you'll be fine.

You have an optimistic view of life. =)

well, i've always been a good girl in school :)

i study hard, try my best in everything i do.

being the smartest teenager in the year is hard.

sometimes i even want to be a NERD.

which some friends call me already

but i dont think my results show me that im even a NERD.

i just wanna get good results and show my parents..

i revise revise and revise..

hope to do good in everything.

YES, i shall continue to stay strong. ^_^

well, i've always been a good girl in school :)

i study hard, try my best in everything i do.

being the smartest teenager in the year is hard.

sometimes i even want to be a NERD.

which some friends call me already

but i dont think my results show me that im even a NERD.

i just wanna get good results and show my parents..

i revise revise and revise..

hope to do good in everything.

YES, i shall continue to stay strong. :)

Well, good luck. That's all I can say. As long as what you're doing is for YOU and you only. You can only want self-improvement...not to please people. That's what I struggled with for a long time--wanting to please others rather than doing things for the sake of the thing or for myself.

Overall im Loving my life. My excuse for all the not so great things that happen is.... well, i do the IB.

Haha, this year being my first year of the IB, my social life has certainly declined... when asked my my HSC friends to come out... sorry, ive got to study, i do the ib remember

Constantly riddled with stress, why do i have so much to do but not enough time... oh yeah. haha i chose the IB

Of course this is a good excuse to deal with the parents as well.... sorry mum cant do the chores, got to study for the IB. :)

Naturally there's the usual teenage angsty things such as too fat? too skinny? stress less, work harder, dam i got an F, grr i hate my parents etc etc

But yes, overall life is good. At the moment im foccusing on all the opotunities i hope the IB will open up for me in my future... and if not, well life goes on doesnt it?!

Great friends and a supportive family make the world go round

jump you just might fly :)

-soph x

Yes, I think I do. Luckily I have high self-esteem and I really do believe in myself, I can accomplish anything. But of course there are negative things in my life to, which can make me depressed from time to time, but wth, I love to live.

Positive things in my life (+)

- my family has always believed in me and provided me with a lot of love and support

- my small bunch of friends that cheer me up when I'm going through blue days

- I am lucky enough to be able to feel secure, I know there'll be food on the plate when I come home, I know I have somewhere to come back to.. and best of all, I am one of those fortunate enough to travel every year!

- I have got strong personal integrity

- I have been in love and been loved

Negative things in my life (-)

- My SPI puts me into trouble with 'friends' quite often, I don't get along too well with quite a lot of people.

- My lovelife is a mess, (or nowadays actually pretty non-existing..). I am a total disaster in this area, I'm a real jerk. No one would believe me if I'd admit how long I have been in love with the same person (why I don't give up? Because we kind of had something before and I cannot see myself loving any other person in the world..Why I don't do something about it? Because he doesn't live her any longer, I don't know him as I used to do anymore, and well, everything is freakin' messed up, I cannot handle it. I think I will never love someone else and thus, live alone ftrom..) YEAH, this is my biggest problem. But still, I love my life, because he tought me to.

- I have no prom date (ok it's almost a year left, but still, I know no guys to ask..)

Emigration to Canada from the UK hit me pretty hard... I was clinically depressed for a year or so before giving in to my parents' asking me to go to a doctor, as I'm prejudiced against psychotropic drugs.

On the good side, yesterday I came off those same drugs after a little more than one school year on them. At the same time I began to take the drugs I moved schools and began to take IB. Consequently I enjoy my life a lot more.

Also, several months ago I came out to my parents and they have gotten kind of used to it eventually... I broke off the long distance relationship I was in with the most important person in my life (who lives in England) and had a girlfriend here for a while... It didn't work out. I've pretty much resigned myself to loving my Sassanach* for a good long while yet, and we are again as together as we can be.

In the meantime, thank God for 1000 free international 'phone minutes a month, MSN and Skype.

*I'm from Scotland - this word comes from an old Gaelic one meaning "Saxon". It used to be considered highly derogatory, but now it's more a jest than an insult.

Guest dragonb111

always lovin' it. What's there not to love? Another day to live. To breathe air. Who knows when the earth's gonna end? Live life to the fullest and be happy.

Edited by dragonb111

changed my mind, ughhhh i have to write an ESSAY over the summer for th legislative page program, all 3 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREE PAGES??? You must be kidding me?? OMG That is SO MUCH!!!!! Lyk srsly! Lol!!1!one!! And so little time... what a ****** for a teacher.... srsly!

I basically love life at the moment, i redid a IB1 cause i messed up things (badly) and this gave me my love for life back.

even so now i am getting stressed i should work on my EE, and i just don't.... which is bad... bad bad bad bad bad ....

I always work to make my life better in everyway, there is just one part of it i don't seem to get right... yeah school

I have always been a sports guy who loved life, and then chose IB as i was quit clever, and sometimes i wonder if i made

the right choice, and that interfers with my happiness of life. Don't get me wrong i like IB and i can do it, but i don't wanna

do it i wanna be great, but can I??? i am lazy... no study habits... etc, so if anyone can help me i would love life for ever

and not just the moment :)