Can I do this for CAS?

I have made a memrise course for Russian, a subject which I am doing.

My CAS co-coordinator has been telling me conflicting things, saying the following things at different times

1) I can't do it for CAS

2) I can do it for creativity

3) I can do it for server

Can I do it for my CAS or not?

Link for those doing Russian

http://www.memrise.com/course/89413/russian-ab-initio-vocab/

Hey there!

No-one at this forum can really state with 100% certainty whether or not something is applicable for CAS, as it all depends on your CAS coordinator. It is the CAS coordinator who deems something acceptable or not. Unfortunately for you, the CAS coordinator seems to give different answers each time you ask. A question for you: Do you ask exactly the same thing each time you've asked? It might be that the coordinator have understood you differently at the different times.

Keep in mind, though, that someone should be able to supervise you and confirm that you've done whatever you've supposed to do for CAS, and who are not in close family. Unless you have someone looking over your shoulder whilst you create those lectures, you cannot use it as CAS. I'm also sceptical to the fact that you're actually studying Russian yourself as a part of the IB diploma, as the CAS activities should ideally have no relations to the subjects you're studying.

I suggest you speak with your CAS coordinator again, and make sure that you explain in as much detail as possible what you're doing. After all, it is the coordinator who has the last say in this discussion. If you still don't get a satisfactory answer, then I'd talk to the IB coordinator instead.

Good luck!