Hi there :)

I have to do a speech/presentation for English B soon. It will be graded and the points will be sent to the IB, therefore they definitely count for my final IB points. I have to talk for about 10-13 minutes about a topic and make it as interesting as possible to the audience. Afterwards, I'll have to lead a discussion. Does anyone have a suitable topic which I could talk about? My teacher said the speech should either be focused on the Anglophone culture or deep personal interesting.

I really hope someone can help me, thanks in advance!

You're supposed to come up with your own topic, especially since this is your presentation and you're getting marked on it. So we can't give you any ideas specifically. To develop a good topic, think about what kinds of things interest you. Do you like music? Art? Sports? Do you think a particular custom or festival done in a certain country is cool? Start with that. Then pick a particular country that interests you. You can choose any Anglophone (English-speaking) country you'd like, so you can choose from countries like Australia, the UK, the USA, Canada (just the English speaking parts though, you can't do Quebec), New Zealand, Ireland, etc. From there it's just focusing your question. As an example, I took Spanish B and my topic was about a Cuban artist and the kinds of artworks she did.

Good luck, and if you come up with a question, you can post it here and we can give you feedback on it. :)

• Like 1