Business and Management Mocks 2013?

Mai

Hello.... so ummm since this year's case study is RDB.

Would the paper 1 mocks be on actual IB created Questions or would it be random ones that our teacher made up?

and also for paper 2- are they past exam paper questions?

ohh sorry if i seem kind of annoying/ new to this... its beacuse i take Business and management SL anticipated and im really nervous about the mocks because i have never done them before.

Well the mock exams are organised by your school so your teacher could very well make them up. The only past exam paper questions for RDB that your teacher could use for the mock are those from the MAY13 paper.

Ideally mocks relate as closely to the IB exam as possible so for my trial exams, past paper questions were used. However, it is entirely up to your school so i would ask your teachers :)

Edited by The Rainbow Connection
  • Like 1

It really depends on your teacher on whether they decide to use past IB papers or make up their own questions (or a combination of both). For the RDB case study Paper 1.. there's only been the May 2013 Paper that has "IB questions" on that, and your teacher will probably have access to that paper and might very well choose to give it to you. Alternatively, your teacher could decide to make up their own questions - and you can find lots of example mock questions on the RDB case study if you google! :) While reading the case study you can probably also tell possible questions that could be asked, such as business terms you might be asked to define, or things such as comparing Anna and Valdemar's leadership style or evaluating aspects of Anna's strategic plan.

Similarly for Paper 2, your teacher could decide to use past papers or make up his own questions. I find that my teacher tends to always use past paper questions, because it takes a lot of effort to find an extract/write about a business and set questions. This is all on my understanding of 'mocks' as kind of practice/trial exams, right? If you wanted to be sure, you could ask a past business student at your school about how the teacher generally sets the papers?

For any kind of exams/mocks though, you'll be fine as long as you study the B&M content! :) Make sure to read and familiarise yourself with the RDB case study. :)

• Like 1