Shadowing a pediatrician?

So since my mom works as a secretary in the nursery of a hospital and talks to the nurses an pediatricians there, the pediatrician got approval for me to shadow her today since she knows I want to be a pediatrician when I grow up. I got to see a C-Section delivery, help her perform cataract tests on the newborns (She showed me how to do it and helped me out, I wasn't unsupervised or anything) , and I was invited back for another weekend when I could see more deliveries since there was only one today. I was wondering if there was any way this could count as CAS. I'm not really doing anything, but I'm learning a lot and having fun learning about a pediatricians job. Any ideas if this would count?

I'm not 100% sure that it will count as an activity as you're just observing... interesting idea though! Never heard of anybody trying to eke CAS out of their work experience before! Definitely ask your CAS Co-ordinator. Ultimately, they're the ones who sign you off for whatever you do, so it's only their opinion which counts. Worth a shot, though.