IB Math Studies or IB Math SL?

leefp

I just started my senior year in high school and I'm trying to decide if I should stick with SL or not. I took year 1 last year and did average the first 2 quarters and not as well the second two. I generally have taken all higher level classes through high school, and i don't know if dropping to lower level in my last year would make too much of a difference. I'm already taking IB English HL, IB Bio SL, IB Art HL, IB Spanish SL and Government and Economics but math has always been a really really tough topic for me. I know Math studies doesn't look as good but I don't want anything to potentially lower my gpa my senior year. Thoughts?

Umm this is a tough decision. If you want to study something Math-related or that needs you to have some mathematical skill I wouldnt drop it. On the other hand, if you don't really need it I would drop it so that you can get a better mark on it. Seeing it as most universities will look at your overall grade and your HLs, I dont think it would make that much of a difference.