Writing A Good IA Introduction

shotaway

Struggling through my first Maths IA (Matrix Powers-- :) ), I was wondering how to write a proper introduction, and what that would entail. I have some vague ideas, but I thought it'd be beneficial for us all to throw this out to other IBers. What constitutes a good (or great!) introduction, and what are aspects to include?

[quote name='shotaway' post='18118' date='Jun 9 2008, 11:40 PM']Maths SL. From my understanding it's not something big, but an introduction is required.[/quote]

Really?! I never did an intro for my maths SL IAs. Is it really a requirement then, because I ended up with a 18/20 overall on my IA and a 7 in math (I took the May 2007 exam) with no intro.

All I did was type up all the given data and questions exactly and answer the questions.

• 11 months later...

Best way to do it is to connect the first step to your conclusion at the end so that its clear to the marker that you've made the connection.
My teacher said that your IA should read like an essay rather than answering questions, you shouldn't even put the numbers or anything, so it should just flow.