Are you Excited or Scared for Next year (Class of 2015)

FaisalH

EXCITED TO DEATH! hahaI can't sleep, I want to go to school.[/quote

Me too :) when are you starting ? And does anybody can recommend some Ib essentials ?

I start on the 21st of August! Finally, after two years of pre-IB (had to re-do the year due to sickness and poor math grades, gah!)

What about you? :)

I Start on the 9th of September :) it's my first time that I have lessons only in English cause I'm German :) but I hope it will be good and I won't die under the amount of work ;) was pre Ib hard ?

Me too :) when are you starting ? And does anybody can recommend some Ib essentials ?

I start on the 21st of August! Finally, after two years of pre-IB (had to re-do the year due to sickness and poor math grades, gah!)

I Start on the 9th of September :) it's my first time that I have lessons only in English cause I'm German :) but I hope it will be good and I won't die under the amount of work ;) was pre Ib hard ?

Oh, we had an exchange student from Germany before, She learned both English and Swedish, So I think you will be fine! It just takes like a month or so to adjust I would say. :) I've been having lessons in English since 7th grade.

No, I don't really think pre-IB was hard. (except math and physics, hehe) It's more that you get used to the workload and how to actually study, since many in my class never really had to study to get good grades before, including myself, but in pre-IB we quickly learned that we needed to study continiously to be able to keep up and remember things for exams.

Oh, we had an exchange student from Germany before, She learned both English and Swedish, So I think you will be fine! It just takes like a month or so to adjust I would say. :) I've been having lessons in English since 7th grade.

No, I don't really think pre-IB was hard. (except math and physics, hehe) It's more that you get used to the workload and how to actually study, since many in my class never really had to study to get good grades before, including myself, but in pre-IB we quickly learned that we needed to study continiously to be able to keep up and remember things for exams.

That's so cool :) where are you starting ? I mean in which country ? And does any of you guys also goes to a boarding school ??? :)

That's so cool :) where are you starting ? I mean in which country ? And does any of you guys also goes to a boarding school ??? :)

I'm starting in Sweden :) I meant to go to a boarding school, but changed my mind since I did not want to share room and I wanted more freedom. So I live alone with my boyfriend and dog. My parents live 500km away :)

I'm starting in Sweden :) I meant to go to a boarding school, but changed my mind since I did not want to share room and I wanted more freedom. So I live alone with my boyfriend and dog. My parents live 500km away :)

I love Sweden :) I've been to Stockholm Götheburg and Upsala :) The cities are so nice:) i also started to learn some swedish but i'm not good at it ;)

I go to a boarding school. Can understand why you didn't wanted to go there ;)

Do you know Zara Larsson ? The singer ? I love her songs but nobody in Germany knows her. And she's swedish... so do you know her songs ?

I love Sweden :) I've been to Stockholm Götheburg and Upsala :) The cities are so nice:) i also started to learn some swedish but i'm not good at it ;)

Do you know Zara Larsson ? The singer ? I love her songs but nobody in Germany knows her. And she's swedish... so do you know her songs ?

I live in Uppsala!! :) I chose not to go boarding since I wanted to play sports and engage in activities outside the boarding school, and that wasn't possible. plus that I had a boyfriend in another city (which I now live with) and I couldn't take my dog with me :( So that's why I live alone in Uppsala instead, It's not much different really. Also, boarding schools in Sweden has not got the best reputation since they practise "Kamratuppfostran" if you've read "The Evil by Jan Guilliou", It's about Swedish boardingschools, so my mum was strictly against boarding, but my dad was heavily pro-boarding since he went boarding at SSHL himself. Otherwise, they have great teachers there!

Why did you choose boarding? Or did your parents choose? :)

Yes I know her! She is quite big here :-)

Edited by Ms.Blackford

I live in Uppsala!! :) I chose not to go boarding since I wanted to play sports and engage in activities outside the boarding school, and that wasn't possible. plus that I had a boyfriend in another city (which I now live with) and I couldn't take my dog with me :( So that's why I live alone in Uppsala instead, It's not much different really. Also, boarding schools in Sweden has not got the best reputation since they practise "Kamratuppfostran" if you've read "The Evil by Jan Guilliou", It's about Swedish boardingschools, so my mum was strictly against boarding, but my dad was heavily pro-boarding since he went boarding at SSHL himself. Otherwise, they have great teachers there!

Why did you choose boarding? Or did your parents choose? :)

Yes I know her! She is quite big here :-)

my parents decided for me to go to boarding. I was a little bit scared but it was such an amazing opportunity and i said to myself: come on let's do it ;) This was my 1st year boarding and it was so nice. I love my friends there but we also have many snobby kids and that kinda sucks... but it's okay :)

If i hadn't transferred to my school i would not have been able to do IB so gladly i did it.

Is tomorrow you're first day ? Make sure to tell how it was :) And what subjects are you taking ?

One advice.

Make schedules for everything and always think the deadlines you set for yourself are REALLY deadlines that you cannot neglect.

Besides that, start your projects as soon as possible.

And oh, read lots literature novels, ask your teachers for the ones which are useful for you and finish 'em as soon as possible.

A good idea is to reset the deadline for yourself the day before it's actually due - it's occasionally screwed me up with dates but nonetheless helped with procrastination