SAT, reading the whole book?

Thomas Jensen

So, I'm going to take the SAT and Biology + US History Subject Tests.

Is reading the whole Official SAT Study Guide overkill? I really want at least 700. The book is ~1000 pages, and my test is in late October, so, ~25 pages a day? If I do it, will it increase my score to near 800, or will I get a meltdown in my brain because of cramming? Haha, please help, don't know how to study for it.

The Official Study guide is ok but you need to use other books to, because I personally felt as if the Study Guide was too easy, and not that helpful. For Biology and History Subject Tests its more about practice rather than reading, so even if you do read 25 pages a day, you're gonna have to practice tests more than that. Look up other revision guides/books you can use. :)

For SAT, I don't think any amount of prep will be overkill.

25 pages a day will not help. At all. It's a really bad way of approaching the SAT.

You should finish the whole book ASAP and start off with papers everyday till your exam. There is no other way to get a great score. The course for SAT is bulls**t, but the fact that each section is only 20 minutes and also that the whole thing is for 4 long hours knocks the stuffing out of you. All you need is practice. Endless hours of practice.

The paper for SAT is damn easy. It's nothing but a mind game. The only way you can use this to your advantage is to be used to the situation (hence practice practice practice!! :P )

PS - Bio SAT is really tough. Trust me. Consider if you can switch it with something else.

I know exactly how you feel...

But I'd suggest that you just do practice papers. If there are any sections or areas that you feel you need help in, then refer to the corresponding section in the text book. That would be the best way to study

And yeah, you need to work on timing like crazy... It is a mind game