CAS hours in the area of literature and fine arts

There is a whole lot that you can do, but it depends on what things interest you and are achievable, but at the same time available!

With a few friends, I have been choreographing a dance (I am no dancer but really wanted to so took the chance) that we can perform at the school's talent show. Additionally, we have an international day where the organizing committee teacher wanted performances so we will be performing there too. If you choreograph as well as perform, you can get both Creativity and Service (It even counts as a CAS Project!, since you are starting it, putting the songs together, rehearsing HEAPS and performing not 1 but 2 dances)

Another idea of a friend's is to actually put on a play! Writing the script, costumes, rehearsing, lighting, set, there is a whole lot that can be done and you can have a big or small (your choice) group and this is another CAS Project. You can perform it and collect money which you can donate to a charity of your choice. Then, it is all 3 categories (creativity, action and service). You have to be careful though, if you are only doing set, then it wont count as action...

You need to look at events around the place, you can join a school club doing something related to that. Also, are you limited to choose from "literature and fine arts"? Creativity can be more. Debating is one, joining a club is another.

Perhaps starting your own club to do with literature, such as a club where you read and look at great literature, debate between J.K Rowling and Shakespeare's merits (we had a debate on this) etc etc. There is loads you CAN do, but I don't think you HAVE to do something in fine arts or literature to get creativity hours. You could join Origami club and get creativity hours too...probably.... not sure about that one.

Hope this helped

• Like 1

For literature you could always write your own book. Perhaps you could publish a children's book and donate it to children in an orphanage. On the other hand you could also write your own book of short stories with a moral and do the same time. Similarly you could sell the book you write and give the profit to a charity.

As many other members have said before me, for the fine arts maybe participate in or even write your own play. You could also organize an art exhibition or something like that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...