Benefits of UK Passport for UK universities

MrHiti

I currently hold a Japanese citizenship, and I can also get a British passport because I was born there. However, I did not live in the UK long enough after I was born, so I did not receive a British citizenship nor a passport.

I grew up in Japan after living in the UK (for a short amount of time), and now I am planning to get a British passport, if there are any benefactors that exist when I apply to the universities in the UK.

Can you please list some of the benefits of holding a British passport, when you're going to apply to the UK universities?

Most importantly, are there any differences in terms of cost for attending UK universities with British citizenship and holding a British Passport?

British nationality cannot be acquired by being born there, it is only possible through descent. As for cost differences, there is quite a difference in terms of costs yes. UK students cannot be charged more than 9000 pounds for attending any course. For internationals it varies depending on your course, it can be closer to the 9000 minimum to about 40,000 pounds (medicine at imperial).