CAS Hours Paintball

Hey guys I'm starting my CAS hours this summer and I was thinking to add paintball into my list of activities that I am going to do. Has anyone included that in their activities? If so which hours do they categorise as? I've already be regularly playing paintball (have a team) so that might not count as creativity but what about introducing paintball to my school? Would that count?

Edited by Austen

Action. But if you do it regularly maybe you can have like a goal each time? I don't really see why it can't be creativity as well. Like if you make up your own games then wouldn't that be considered creativity as well? But don't take my word for it ya.

• Like 1

Apart from paintball why don't you do some other creativity.. Arts? painting? Paintball is something you do it out of fun. Whereas in CAS you must have a purpose that what is the aim of doing paintball. Are you doing it for first time or something. Not a appropriate game like other sports or something. Why don't you do something else, like creative cooking ( comes under creativity and you can also give it for charity and hence service). Paintball club is not good idea either. You can do form a charity club, wherein you can make things and sell it for supporting needy. All 3 components of the CAS will come.

Edited by akash jishnu

Actually, forming clubs are a very good form of creativity. I form and run a Broadcasting Club for the school, my friend formed and currently runs a robotics club, while my other friend formed and runs a skating club. IB isn't all strict, CAS is the fun part. As long as it falls into the 8 learning outcomes, it is alright. So technically, it's all up to you. The reflections however, if you're making the club, is meant for leadership, which is a great quality people want to see.