Is 1900 a good SAT score?

Sapnil Mohanty

Hey guys,

I am an Indian student and I scored a 1900 in my SAT this may. I wanted to know how canadian universities view 1900 as a SAT score. Is it good or bad? What are my chances in getting into the following universities with the above SAT score and an IB predicted grade between 35-37:

Utoronto

UBC

McGill

Ualberta

Uottawa

Plz reply soon...I need as much detailed answers as possible.

:)

Well firstly Canadian universities don't look at your SAT's. It's only for American universities.

As for your predicted grades, it depends on the course you're taking. I'm sure you'll have a pretty decent chance with UBC. For U of T you will probably need to push that predicted to at least a 38.

The SAT is literally an admission test for US colleges, administered by the US College Board.

For admissions, I know fairly well that U of Toronto or McGill would require 36~38 to be safe. For engineering, I would say that your Chem, Physics, and Math should be at least a 6. The other schools, I'm not too sure about IB grades, but being from Ontario, their standards for marks are slightly lower than U of T McGill and UBC. (80s for most programs in U Ottawa and U Calgary)

Although the cut offs are getting higher each year, I think a 36 should be sufficient for most if not all commerce programs.

Also note that if you took any AP or ib hl credits, you'll be forced to convert them into university credits at McGill.

Edited by by.andrew