Mathematics SL Paper 2 TZ1

CrystalM

yeah #10 was okay but apparently the a value was negative because it started from the bottom. i hope they give me some marks for showing my work :( i put it as positive. and what did you all get for the very last part of question 10 (the probability one)?

Guest canada2013

yeah #10 was okay but apparently the a value was negative because it started from the bottom. i hope they give me some marks for showing my work :( i put it as positive. and what did you all get for the very last part of question 10 (the probability one)?

I had no clue how to do that probability one :S I just calculated the number of possibilities of the seat being above the distance (and considering both when the wheel goes up and down) and dividing it over the total number of possibilities. I didn't know how else to do it, but I think I did it wrong

I talked to my math teacher yesterday and she informed me that she had received an email from IB regarding the SL math p1 and p2 exams. Apparently, there were mistakes on BOTH exams..........i.e. things we weren't able to do or were not answerable.

I think one of those must have been the second part of the log question in P1 :\

Guest canada2013

I talked to my math teacher yesterday and she informed me that she had received an email from IB regarding the SL math p1 and p2 exams. Apparently, there were mistakes on BOTH exams..........i.e. things we weren't able to do or were not answerable.

I think one of those must have been the second part of the log question in P1 :\

Do you know what those questions were? For the log question you just had to write 8 as 2^3 so you have 2^3log2 5, and you use log properties to change it into 2^log2 5^3. The base and log cancel out so you're left with 5^3 which is 125

I got 0.33 (or something close to that) for the probability part of question 10 too.

I did the same thing as amansayal except I used my graphing calculator. Made my life easier when looking for the intersection points.

And... I'm pretty sure all the questions were answerable.

I seriously didn't start studying for math until the week before, and I had no idea what half the curriculum talked about because I never pay attention in class, but I (think) I did all the questions right. I barely asked my teacher for help and just did almost all the practice exams from 2008-2011.

As far as I know, the only mistake on paper 2 was that velocity was given in ms^2, but honestly, you didn't even have to use the units to do the question, so it wasn't a big deal.

i hope the last question on paper 1 was a mistake. i couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to do it....

That was the ln(x-4) or something one... right? I don't remember the exact function.

I found the derivative of the function to check for increasing/decreasing and concave up/concave down to draw the graph.

I had no idea what the hell the domain (or was it range?) question was though. I just wrote something down. Maybe I'll get part marks.