Sarah1

For my two main sources analyzed in Section C, I want to cover one book and one website. My topic is an analysis of whether or not the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme has been effective. The book covers basically how corrupt West, Central, and Southern Africa still are (certain countries, at least), despite the supposed "solution". My internet source is the Kimberley Process website (a .com site, if that makes a difference). Obviously, this covers the other side and basically is all "Look! Look how well our idea has done! Look at how much it's fixed things!"

My teacher is implying as he's looking at our papers that I should find another major source to analyze, but I just don't have one, and I frankly don't have the desire nor the time to look for a new one in book form. It's just too recent and there aren't any books on the Kimberley Process itself, at least that I can find.

So, should I change my Section C source, or just try to explain to him that I can't get another one and just give up on it?

Thanks in advance!

For my two main sources analyzed in Section C, I want to cover one book and one website. My topic is an analysis of whether or not the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme has been effective. The book covers basically how corrupt West, Central, and Southern Africa still are (certain countries, at least), despite the supposed "solution". My internet source is the Kimberley Process website (a .com site, if that makes a difference). Obviously, this covers the other side and basically is all "Look! Look how well our idea has done! Look at how much it's fixed things!"

My teacher is implying as he's looking at our papers that I should find another major source to analyze, but I just don't have one, and I frankly don't have the desire nor the time to look for a new one in book form. It's just too recent and there aren't any books on the Kimberley Process itself, at least that I can find.

So, should I change my Section C source, or just try to explain to him that I can't get another one and just give up on it?

Thanks in advance!

You can always try and find a recent scholarly article n a reputed politics or otherwise journal on your topic. That's an obvious solution.

An internet source should really not be one of your "main" sources. Unless it's an online eBook of course.

But hey, if you haven't the desire to search, I'm just going to assume you're not too fussed about your IB grades. In which case, full steam ahead!

I guess I just figure that since we'll have the whole summer to revise, I don't see his sense of urgency in the matter. So, I am concerned about my IB grades, just not finding a new source "RIGHT FREAKING NOW, AS IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON HAVING IT YESTERDAY," which has been his point of view.

So, I suppose I should revise my question. Should I worry about changing the source now, when my final draft isn't due until next school year.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I should have been clearer. Thanks for the quick reply!