Physics SL TZ1 - Paper 1 and Paper 2

JackalJack

TZ1 Brother and Sisters Unite!

To be honest, I thought aced Paper 1. I do admit they had tricky questions and when reviewing over my answers I caught them, oh IB you suck.

I think Paper 1 was my forte so that's why I thought I did so well.

For Paper 2, I had a bit of trouble with this one question that talked about intensity... I looked through my text and realized that intensity was in my options. I don't know if that was taught in the core or not, can anyone else confirm?

I also chose Question B2 because I thought I would be able to tackle that easily, I was so wrong haha.

What type of intensity question was it? I believe that at least the intensity diagram related to the Rayleigh criterion and resolution of two objects (intensity curve of single-slit diffraction) is a part of the core for both SL and HL

YES YOU NOTICED TOO. THE QUESTION ABOUT INTENSITY OF THE TWO SOUND SOURCE RIGHT??? I SAW IT AND LEFT IT. PAPER 1 WAS NICE I THINK I GOT 25/30. PAPER 2 NOT VERY VERY GOOD I DIDNT STUDY A LOT BUT GENERALLY IT WAS EASY EXCEPT FROM THE INTENSITY. PAPER 3 WAS NEAT!!!

Basically the intensity question was concerning two identical sound waves interfering constructively at a common point O on a wall, with amplitude A. It asked you to show that the intensity of at point O was 4A^2. I think it was only hard if you didn't realize that intensity was proportional to the inverse of amplitude squared, otherwise I think P2 in general wasn't that bad.

the destructive interference was soo freaking easy, all you had to do was make path difference = ( n+1/2) lamda. And show that the n number was an integer value, i showed my work for it, but i didn't actually get an integer number, probably cause i messed up some calculation step, Either ways if you did that you should get part marks,