English A2 vs. English B

Of course, this depends on how WELL you speak English. I'm assuming you're Swedish?

Listen, whether you choose A or B shouldn't matter TOO much, as it's the overall score that matters most, yeah? :) Just go with your own judgement, and aim sky high :)

A2 is no work at all either and it saves you from having to do language tests if you apply to a uni abroad. If you continue your studies in Sweden, B should be fine though. B is seriously a joke for someone with your English skills.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

stylusdef: That sounds awesome for me then! I just really hope that is "correct" (not that i doubt that your IB Coordinator isn't correct, but I doubt that the top universities will have the same requirements).

Is there anyone else that can confirm this, or even has experience with this issue?

Just to make it easier; Is English B enough for Harward Law School?

Cami:

I actually asked my coordinator about that as well. Apparently top universities like Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard look at the overall picture as well. But, of course (and this is my personal belief), if it stands between you and another student and you both have quite similar grades - the other student might have a greater chance of getting in than you if he has done A2.

Edited by stylusdef

Cami:

I actually asked my coordinator about that as well. Apparently top universities like Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard look at the overall picture as well. But, of course (and this is my personal belief), if it stands between you and another student and you both have quite similar grades - the other student might have a greater chance of getting in than you if he has done A2.

Okay, thank you very much for your answer!

• 1 month later...

I'm in IB1 now and I have had English B for approximately 3 months. I think it's really fun and I chose English B because I need at least one subject where I can relax since English B is very easy. But I have been thinking of maybe studying in a university abroad after IB and as you all other say, You have greater probablity of applying an university with English A2 compared to English B. My other IB subjects are Chemistry (HL), Physics (SL) ,Mathematics (SL), Psychology (HL) and Swedish (SL). What should I do? Do you think it's too late to switch to English A2?