What colleges could I get into?

ShayHello

I'm currently a junior in the IB program at my school. As of right now, I have a 3.5 unweighted GPA and a 4.1 weighted. I have always taken honors/AP/IB courses, and I enjoy them. I haven't taken my SAT/ACT yet, by my PSAT score was 190. Not terribly impressive, I know, but I've been studying and hope to increase my score to the 2100-2300 range.

My extra-curriculars are: ASB Junior Class President, ASB Board Rep for the school district, Vice President of NHS, Lead Attorney on Mock for the past three years, and CSF member. I also started and volunteer at an after-school mentoring program at a local elementary school. Outside of school, I a member of my church choir and I volunteer at local community events.

I'm interested in doing neuroscience/pre-med in college. The colleges I'm most interested in are:

UCLA

UCSD

UC Berkeley

UC Davis
University of Southern California

University of San Diego

Stanford

University of Rochester

NYU

What are my chances?

Trying not to be a downer here, but its all on your SAT/ACT score. You need to get that score to just get colleges to even look at your application. If you get the 2100-2300 range though, you have a fantastic chance of getting in to all of them considering all of your extra-curriculars and your GPA is really good as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we have similar grades (including SATs, I got 2100). Your ECAs are different though from mine. I did a lot of clubs and had a bunch of debate achievements + was on the national team. I think that adds up to something similar? Or maybe can't really compare. Point is we both have ECAs.

From the schools on your list, I applied to UCLA, Berkeley, SC, Stanford, NYU and Davis. Got rejected everywhere except Berkeley and Davis. I chalk this up to really ****ty common app essays that I crammed (very stupid, I know, I regret it so much) vs the UC app essays I spent about a month on.

Basically what I'm saying is, keep up the good work, write the best essays you've written in your whole high school life, and let the good times roll. There's really no definitive way to say you'll get in any of those schools. TBH, it's all up to that one guy who's going to skim through your credentials and essays during the admissions process.