difficulty level for admission into business/management programs

Sapnil Mohanty

Hi,,

I want to know how difficult is it to get into the following colleges for commerce programs-undergraduate with the IB diploma and a predicted score in the range 34-37..:-

1. Mcgill

2.UToronto

3. UBC

4. York

5. UAlberta

I want to know as much as possible and even suggestions regarding the commerce program offered in the above universities or any other good university in canada..

Plz reply soon....:)

The colleges you listed require around 31-32. So a PG of 34-37 should be fairly good. From what I hear, McGill and University of Toronto are the best there. I think Queens is quite good too.

The commerce program in UFT is pretty interesting- it's in the Rotman school of commerce. However, they offer a B.Com and not a BBA or B.Sc in Business Management. I am not too sure if there is much of a difference but I've seen a lot of people who'd rather go for a B.Sc.

That's pretty much what I know about Canadian universities. Hope that helped.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

31-32 points is very low for McGill, Toronto, and York (I'm not sure about the other 2 universities). Assuming that you're planning on going to McGill Desautels, Rotman Commerce at Toronto, and Schulich at York, they all seek IB grades in the mid-30's (anywhere from 33-37 I would suppose, depending on how strong your community involvement is.)

To be a bit more specific -

McGill requires 35 to be considered competitive (I think they said this somewhere in their admissions brochure).

Toronto is a bit more vague but I would assume it's also mid-30s.

York requires 38 (including bonus points) to be competitive.

However I think you'll be fine with 34-37